I am proud of all my three children and I am very happy about the life choices that each are making. One of my children, Harrison, is now choosing to explore, train for and intending to pursue a life of ministry.
I can remember when Harrison was very young, maybe four, and we asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said “a paweechu” (preacher). Beth and I are so excited that he is pursuing a desire that was formed so early in his life as a missionary kid in Sicily and happy that he is beginning some formal training with YWAM. On the informational site about upcoming trip Harrison writes,
While I was at Peabody music conservatory majoring in classical guitar, I reflected on whether or not I wanted to pursue a professional musical career. I noticed within myself a call to pursue a life of ministry. Because of that call, I decided to leave Peabody and discern what God wanted for my future.
I want my life to matter and I want to feel that I am making a difference for the good of humanity. As I searched and listened for God’s call in my life, I came upon Youth With A Mission (YWAM), a ministry that dedicates their programs to knowing God and making Him known. They do this through Discipleship Training Schools and various outreaches. It is my desire to attend the Perth music DTS program in Australia and the following outreach.
I believe that by participating in the DTS and outreach I will begin to understand the work that God desires for me to do and also how I might participate in the model that God gave us through the ministry of Jesus Christ. Through this experience I expect to learn how to reach out to people, help them with their needs and their relationship to our creator God. My passion for music will be utilized in this program as well.
When I return home after this six month experience I plan to continue my passion for God and God’s ministry for me wherever I am.
- One is to support and encourage young artists as they journey to possibly become professional artists. We think it is important that the church be the first to endorse the arts. My son Harrison is one of those young artists and he desires to use his musical ability in ministry.
- The second purpose is to fund his YWAM Music DTS trip in June. We need to raise a fair amount of money to be able to send him.
This is a live event and so we hope that all our friends and family will join with us in person at Neffsville Mennonite Church on Sunday. But many of our friends and family are not from the area and so we have decided to LIVE BROADCAST the event. Follow the link for that site. There is also a place to set a reminder so that you don’t forget. You can use that even if you plan on attending the event in person.
There are a few ways you can help.
- Share this or any of the other pages on your social media sites.
- Invite your friends and family to come with you to the event or to watch together online.
- DONATE online. It is safe, secure, easy and TAX DEDUCTIBLE via PayPal on his ministry page.
- Pray, Pray, and Pray for the event, Harrison’s training, outreach and ministry future.
Thanks again for your support….and keep sharing.